Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > Fix - If your MD802 doesn't work after u...
Fix - If your MD802 doesn't work after updates

3044 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2016-10-23 03:18:42

•   Level 3   
    (65) points
    RBD
    2016-08-19 21:40:12
     My 1 year renewal is set to expire tomorrow (8/20/2016).  I decided a couple of weeks ago to run an update on the software to keep it current before expiration (I know now that the updates are free going forward, which is fantastic - Big thanks Autel!).  Anyways, I updated all available updates.  When I attached the MD802 to the vehicle, it wouldn't connect.  I attempted this on multiple cars (& manufacturers).  Had the same issue.  Always stuck at "waiting".  THE FIX - I deleted the files (NOT THE FOLDERS) in the SCAN directory folder.  File names deleted began with "Authorization" and ended with "Version".  I then opened the Autel Update software.  It updated the system files.  Hooked up to a vehicle, and everything works perfect now.  2-3 minute fix and all the updates are there.  Hope this helps someone that has a similar issue.

•   Level 2   
    (48) points
    HeeK

2016-08-29 18:32:48 (Reply to:RBD)

Thank you very much for your advice!
    It can be useful im sure for many owners of the md802. 

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Zwane

2016-10-19 17:27:53 (Reply to:RBD)

May you are the one who can help me on this one. I'm failing to get my same tool up and running. How do I know the difference between a file and a folder? 

•   Level 3   
    (65) points
    RBD
    2016-10-19 20:02:33 (Reply to:Zwane)
     In windows explorer, a file folder has a folder icon to the left of the name. You can also sort by type and delete everything that is not a file folder.  This will include Bin files, Configuration settings, and text documents.

What kind of problem are you experiencing?

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    Zwane

2016-10-22 11:42:15 (Reply to:RBD)

My humble apologies for a delayed response.

Firstly after I bought my tool a about a year ago I didnt know about updates etc and I have never enjoyed having such a powerful (As people discusses it)

When I got to know about these updates and that is about a week ago, I updated my tool and I battled because it took so long and in between 3G card in the modem ran out of airtime. Now I dont know if that caused some problems because I had to recharge and continue. May be I needed to start afresh. 

When I connected it to my vehicle that is currently not starting, it only gave me "No Fault" results on 3 categories and i.e. MFI, IMMOBILIZER & ABS/AST/ASTC.

Thank you

•   Level 3   
    (65) points
    RBD
    2016-10-23 03:18:42 (Reply to:Zwane)
     You might try to delete your vehicle's manufacturer and re-install.  However, just because your vehicle isn't starting, that doesn't necessarily mean that you should have a code present.  Assuming you have compression and your timing is correct, you still need fuel and spark.  If you have a faulty fuel pump (for example), you probably wouldn't have a code present, but your vehicle wouldn't start.
  Total1 Pages